Monday 30 January 2012

The Dream Summer

Q#174: If money and family obligations left you entirely free, how and where would you spend the summer before college?

The summer before college is the last time to see your friends before you head your separate ways, on your own paths. Who knows when or if you will see them again, or remain best friends forever like you promised each other you would as little kids? You meet new people and grow and you never know what can happen. If money and family obligations left me entirely free, I would make the most of my last summer with my best friends. For all I know, it could be my last one to just be carefree kid with them. I would make it a summer that I would remember forever and fantasize about during those long, cold Canadian winters.  I would spend the first part of my last summer before college road tripping across the United States with my best friends. We have always talked about how awesome it would be to rent an RV and just go. It doesn’t really matter where to, as long as we’re all together enjoying ourselves and just loving life. We would have to get back to Canada though by the last week of July to keep the tradition of going to Bronny’s cottage every summer alive! I mean tubing, race car driving, bumper carts, endless days on the beach, working at the soup kitchen, etc. We would never miss that for the world! And Bronwen, Krysta and I would finally go on the ride at Canada’s Wonderland that you have to sign a death waiver before going! Every time we go to Wonderland we always say we’ll do it, wait in line and then chicken out. But in my dream summer we would finally go for it. So, basically, my dream summer is spending every free second I’ve got with my best friends, squeezing as much adventure and fun as possible into every second of it.  

1 comment:

  1. Just by visualizing it, one gets transported to another world. The trip you want to take with your friends sounds a lot of fun. Hope you get an opportunity to take it someday before leaving Woodstock and going to Canada.
    And I thought you did not want to go to college ?

    ReplyDelete